Friday, November 19, 2010

One.

Today is the one month mark. The semester has gone by so quickly!
I've been convicted about my un-thankfulness lately... It's so hard to get caught up in the little things. Getting down about things that don't matter or things that, on a different day, wouldn't bother me. I watch the Duggar's on TLC every Tuesday night. I watch them because they encourage me so much. Anna, one of the women on the show, told a story about how she had a miscarriage and the first advice from her family was to always be thankful.. even when it's hard. "In everything (or always) give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" 1Thes5:18. It doesn't say when times are good.. or in times when i have nothing to complain about... it says in EVERYTHING. One month seems like nothing to everyone else but in the midst of it, it seems like an eternity to me... especially since I've done this long distance thing for 2 1/2 years. Instead of holding on to the negative side of things i want to BE THANKFUL.
Things I am thankful for right now: I am thankful its only a month.. I am thankful that i get to marry Matthew in the first place. I am thankful I only have one week of classes left. I am thankful that Jesus died on a cross for my sins and by his grace He opened my blind eyes to see his goodness.

It's been an interesting semester. Traveling every weekend. Hanging out with the same 2 people (who i love) the entire semester. And getting ready for a wedding along with packing up my things to move 10 hours away. If anyone knows me then they know this is a hard process. I like to keep things... too many things. Matthew and I are moving into a decent size apartment but cabinet space/storage space is minimal. So this thanksgiving break (which started today for me) Will consist of downsizing and packing.. and finishing up my 2 final graphic design projects. I want to get this all done before guests arrive the week before the wedding. It will all get done this I know and if it doesn't then oh well.
On a random note here are some Texas pictures i said I would post a while back. Today also marks a month and 1 day till i move to Texas. This I am also thankful for.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great photos! Ya'll look so precious together and I love your thoughts about being thankful even during emotionally difficult times. This couldn't be more true, but very difficult at the same time. Thank you for your encouraging post!


xo,

Molly Jane

PS. Stop by and say hi!

www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

Post a Comment