Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Alive.

I left Starbucks in tears today.
I know what you're thinking.. "oh no, why did she leave in tears"
But, the reason I was crying was a good reason.
I had to get up in leave in fear that i wouldn't be able to control myself if i sat there any longer.
I was crying because i was in awe of the gracious love of God.
I've been reading Psalm 119 lately. I've taken a few verses everyday and dwelt on the Word of God being alive. I have been through a "drier" season of my life the past year. Where i didn't feel or sense anything when i was reading the Word (not saying it wasn't alive, it was just a season of testing form the Lord. A testing of my faithfulness in times silence and of no feeling etc). My plan of action was to dwell and mediate on what the Word was and what it means to me.
I was reading 1 peter today and the word came alive to me! I broke down in tears because i felt the Love of God for me and his children pour out from the very words that i was reading. He is so good and so gracious! One way it came alive to me today was through the word "precious". This word is mentioned more than a couple of times in 1Peter but here are 3 of the verses where it is mentioned.

1peter 1:6&7
(to preface, this verse is talking about the greatness of the hope that God has brought us through salvation and the resurrection of Christ from the grave)
"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ"
1peter2:4&5
As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1peter3:4
but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.

His people are so very precious to Him. Our faith is precious to Him. We are precious in His sight. Our hearts and our beauty is precious to Him. Our obedience is precious to Him. WE HIS CHILDREN ARE PRECIOUS TO HIM.

So simple, yet so powerful and when the word of God is alive in someone you know it.
I want people to know it. I want to be one of those people.
The word of God changes us.

So, in closing...

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
&
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. Collossians 3:16

He is so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment