Wednesday, May 20, 2009

earthquakes.

ok here is a small update.

Matt and I went on our road trip and hit 12 states in 4 days :)
It was perfect. We had such an amazing time.
We got to see so many parts of the US that we've never seen before and listen to tons of NPR/This American Life while doing so.
I adore him.

California has been great too.
The night i arrived i honestly was like what the crap am i doing here and kinda wanted to cry.
Since Ive been around the rest of the staff Ive felt sooo much better and really excited to be here being apart of what the Lord is doing and along side with some of the most amazing people.
I love our staff team. And its been sooo good to know im gonna see Matt ever day and not have to say a million hour goodbye every night..

We had an earthquake the 2nd night i was here.
I was in the middle of telling my testimony/ the power of the holy spirit part in my life and all of a sudden our building starts shaking.
haha. its kinda funny the timing... but def. scared me. It was scary I've been paranoid ever since because there are always after shocks that come and sometimes ones that are stronger.
I know its in the Lords hands though. Im doing my best to trust in Him and his sovereign plan.
He is good and i know my life is his.

I saw today that Iron and Wine one of my most favorite bands played an in house all request free show down the road at a local music store on Sunday and i missed it! ah. oh well. haha I'm kinda sad i did. I mean the place is literally not even 5 min away.
oh man.

I'm missing mt sisters dance recital this weekend. and i knew it would bother me but it brings me to teams when i think of not getting to be there.. i dunno why.. i guess we've both dance at River City since we were 4 and this is her last year and I'm missing it.. I'm missing her graduation too.. i feel like I'm missing out on her life.. that upsets me.. i miss my family already and Ive been gone a week

Jess id going to Italy today and im really excited/ jelous shes going. I love her, She always sends me random emails about the most random but informative things and i love it. Shes pretty great.

O LORD, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You maintain my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Yes, I have a good inheritance.
I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
psalm 16:5-11

0 comments:

Post a Comment