Wednesday, March 24, 2010

peace.

Spring Break was great. I spent the first weekend celebrating the engagement of my brother and his now fiance Emma. I am so excited for them and to soon have a new member to our family. The entire week was spent in Fayetteville with Matthew. We simply hung out for most of the time but did go on a hiking adventure one day. I will post photos soon. I was great to road trip to Alabama with Matt and just do life with him here and there. After dating almost 2 years long distance we have finally become more than ok with not doing anything when the other comes to visit. Im really blessed. I knew this before but im seriously realizing more and more how lucky i am. Well i guess i don't believe in luck so i guess i should say im realizing more and more how good the Lord is to me through Matthew. Matthew is the sweetest and thats all i will say about that :o)

I got to eat with Sandra tonight after i took Matthew to the airport. We had so much fun. I forget how much i love birmingham. We ate cupcakes from a cupcakery and just picked back up where we left off. I love friendships like that. I love that i can call her my friend.

In other news. I had a crazy dream last night. I had a dream i was on the beach standing behind a beach house and saw this huge tsunami coming towards me from down the beach.
Weird it was coming from down the beach and not from out in the ocean but i guess that doesn't matter much. I was startled to see it coming but decided to sit still and hide in a hole in the wall instead of running from it. Kinda crazy but i woke up with so much peace. I have shared before that i have pretty crazy dreams. I am usually strongly effected emotionally by them too. This dream made me feel so protected. Like the Lord was showing me that he will be my refuge when things come my way. I have to be still and know He is God. Sandra and I talked abut how this totally describes psalm 46.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Come, behold the works of the LORD, how he has brought desolations on the earth.He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;he burns the chariots with fire."Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!" The LORD of hosts is with us;the God of Jacob is our fortress.

So reminder. He is there. He is God. He is love. And He never lets go.

as a side note, i took photos of my road trip home to Alabama for my self portrait stop motion video. I figured nothing tells more about me and my life the past 2 years than traveling. Hopefully when it is finished it will be worthy of sharing on here.

2 comments:

L. Pioneer said...

I am the sweetest?! woop woop!

L. Pioneer said...

I like your blog my dearest..love that you had a wonderful dream...

Post a Comment