Friday, July 8, 2011

Life.

Lets be honest.
We miss Texas a lot more than we thought we would.
This morning was the first day I woke up feeling completely refreshed since I've been here. (It was a glorious feeling. Being tired makes you so emotional.)
Last night Jess and I got to hang out alone for the first time in like a year (no joke). We sat outside of Whole Foods and talked for about 2 hours. I'm still amazed at how we have lived apart for so many years but understand each other better than anyone. It's a crazy thing.
Tonight we are going to hang out with some of Matthew's new work friends!? We are sincerely going to make an effort to make friends this time around. Everyone has been so kind to us here. We have been invited to do things and have gotten so many church suggestions we don't know what to do with them. As Matthew and I like to say to anything that is different from Texas/a southern cliche' "Welcome to Tennessee".
I've been reading though "The Purpose Driven LIfe." Our church read through it together when I was like in middle school but I thought I'd give it another read through. It's been really good. I've been encouraged by God's pleasure for his people. I get overwhelmed with how weak of a human I am most days & God has been sweet to remind me of who He is in the most powerfully simple ways since reading the book. Overall things are good. I'm thankful for everything this move has brought to us; whether it be friends, emotions, testing, encouragement, & uncertainty. It is all for our good.
But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; 
I say, "You are my God" My times are in Your hand. Psalm 31:14&15
(Here are a few pictures from a few night ago. Evening walks by the river with Matthew = one of the best things about living here. So beautiful.)



1 comments:

Kristen said...

Aw Sara! I love love love reading your blog! I remember when Jessie came to stay with you in Alabama I loved hearing your stories about you and Matthew and now y'all are married!!! That makes me so excited!!

Post a Comment