Friday, July 15, 2011

Reminder.

Jess & I used to write these letters to each other in high school. To us, these ‘letters’ were more than notes we passed in class. I have kept everyone of them & plan on doing something with them one of these days.
I found one of these notes on my living room floor yesterday. Im not sure how it ever got there considering its from 2004 (If you do the math that is 8 years ago!?) and the rest are tucked away in a box. I guess It doesn’t matter how it oddly escaped; I’m just glad it did.
A line in the card made me laugh today when I re-read it…
“About that situation.. (which I’m not disclosing in this blog.) Do what you want. Remember earlier when you got weird? It’s best to just be cool Sarah and don’t worry.”
She goes on to quote Lynyrd Skynyrd's “Simple Man’ after this.
I’m not sure why I am even sharing this. I guess to publicly remind myself to ‘not get weird’ and to ‘be cool’ & to 'not worry' even when I seriously want to freak out about life. What she told me that day, years ago, still applies to life now… to me not having a job in particular.. & to everything.
I have to pray.. trust.. and have faith in God. His timing is perfect right?
“As for God, His ways are perfect. The word of the Lord is proven, He is a shield to all who trust in Him. For who is God except the Lord? And who is a rock, except OUR God? It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect.” Psalm 18:30-32
This weekend one of Matthew’s awesome friends from school is coming up to visit. Also, J and I decided we are going t0 the Peach Festival downtown on Saturday. Yummy. Hooray for Friday!
It’s going to be a good weekend. I just know it.
“Take your time, don’t live too fast. Troubles will come and they will pass.” -LS

0 comments:

Post a Comment