Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dreamy.

I have never been much of a reader. I hate to admit that. The truth is that I have always wanted to be one. It's not that I don't like books.. I just always seem to buy the wrong ones. I buy a book, read the first few chapters, & put it down.. & repeat.
There does come a time when you come across a book that you simply cannot put down & people like me become a reader for a week. This week, that's me. The last time I felt this way about a book was when Matthew and I first met. I was reading Francine Rivers book 'Redeeming Love'. We had only known each other a month or two & in his pursuit he told me that he "loooved that I was a reader." Ha. Of course I played along and let him 'looove' this about me. Who wouldn't? We laugh about it now & he still tells me how attractive it is when I read. Oh the funny things that boys like. I guess I'm more attractive this week ;)

A few days ago I 'tweeted' that I wished Davis Ann & I lived in the same city so that I could borrow a book from her. Now Davis Ann is a true reader & she had the book I have wanted to read. My friend Erica stopped back through on her way from AL and to my surprise brought with her a gift. She brought me Ree Drummond's book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." Davis Ann had sent it along with her just for me. I started reading it yesterday afternoon & have not put it down. And that my friends is a good feeling. I'm already mad that it is going to have to end at some point. Good thing Ree has a blog. The book is funny, sweet, & makes you a little giddy. It makes you feel more 'girly' than you want to feel.

I've been dreaming of the simple country life for months now and reading her book is not helping the slightest bit. She makes everything sound so dreamy. I guess we can make what we want dreamy in our own eyes right? It is all about your perspective.. That is what I have been learning the past few weeks.
Last night Matthew and I rode around the old historic district and looked at houses while we drank vanilla Diet Cokes from Sonic. It was the best night. Something about it made me feel like I was in high school again. Like the good side of high school.... I felt the way I did when J & I would ride around in her car, listen to music, & pretend we were somewhere that we were not. We were always good about living in a dream. I feel a little silly admitting that I have always loved to do that for fun. It's our form of entertainment and something about it is so freeing.
Last night was dreamy in my eyes. Its fun to feel that way sometimes.

(This photo has been sitting on my desktop for a week or so.. I found it in one of my folders I created over a year ago so I no longer know the source. I Thought it was fitting for today's post. Isn't she beautiful? The title of the picture is 'farm braid.')

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You should totally read the Mark of the Lion Series by Rivers. They are AMAZING books!!! I have read the first one like 3 times and I still cant get enough of it!!!!

Post a Comment