Wednesday, March 11, 2009

jealousy.

The jealously of the lord hurts sometimes... like His desire for us is overwhelming.. I feel it today..

"...the spirit in us yearns jealousy..." James 4:5

Hmm...
Jealousy.. what to think about it?.. the way Paul talks about it in 2 Corinthians 11 gets me..
and the way the Lord drove the Jews to jealousy by calling the gentiles to himself too interests me.. jealously draws you in.. of course godly jealousy is what I'm talking about.. its all because of His great love though.. why He provokes us to jealously and why He's jealous for our attention..
Its His love.

Set me as a seal upon your heart,as a seal upon your arm,for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire,the very flame of the Lord.
song of soloman 8:6

I feel like john mark mcmillan has experienced this and knows the lords jealousy for him..

"He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane. I am a tree bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory And I realize how beautiful you are and how great your afflictions for me, Oh how he loves us so"

"i cant stop crying because you wont stop calling my name.." -jmm

2 comments:

sandra king said...

what song is the last quote??

im Sarah kathryn ♥ said...

Its from ashes and flames :)

Post a Comment