Tuesday, March 3, 2009

refreshment to my soul

Tonight at crusade we just had worship and and prayer. There was only like 20 people there.
Jordan led worship and we prayed in groups about psalm 139 and thanked the Lord for how well he knows us.
I got to pray with Davis Ann and Gabrielle. When it was over we sang a few songs with Jordan that him and Emily wrote. It was perfect. I love worshiping and praying with them. It does something to me. Hearing Gabrielle always stirs me up on the inside and i always get tears in my eyes. Its not because i get emotional or anything my eyes always water and tear up when i feel the Holy Spirit touch me. Her voice is so anointed, it carries the gentle peace of the Lord.

I can't come close to figuring myself out most days... I'm thankful that the Lord knows me better than I know myself.. And i am thankful that his presence will never leave me no matter how hard i try to get away from him..

Yesterday, kinda discouraged, i would have said this was my verse:

I used to go with the multitude;
I went with them to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and praise,
With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him
For the help of His countenance.
O my God, my soul is cast down within me;
Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan,
And from the heights of Hermon,
From the Hill Mizar.
Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls;
All Your waves and billows have gone over me
[psalm 42:4b-8]

Tonight was relaxing. A little praise and worship always brings refreshment to my soul. His presence brings healing and rest.

O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You
[psalm 139:1-12]


Hes so good to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment